Arysta LifeScience announces the registration for Proponit in Russia
6 August 2012
Arysta LifeScience is pleased to announce the complete registration for its product Proponit® EC (Propisochlor, 720 g/l, EC) on maize, spring OSR and sunflower (further development undertaken on other important crops). This is a 10-year registration valid until 18 July 2022.
Proponit demonstrates a number of advantages among which is:
- Excellent selectivity - no need for safener.
- Flexible timing of application (pre or early post emergence). When applied in preemergence, Proponit facilitates crop growth and reduces weeds competition for a positive yield impact.
- Excellent miscibility with other herbicides from different family allows broadening the spectrum of efficacy. Belonging to the HRAC group K3, Propisochlor is a good active substance to prevent and manage resistance.
- Long last effect which helps to control newly emerging weeds.
- Few limitations concerning following crops or re-planting.
- Wide spectrum of annual grasses and broadleaves control, including Descuriana Sophia, which is a critical weed on oilseed rape in some countries.
Worldwide, Proponit is applied on many crops: corn, sunflower, oilseed rape (winter and spring) and soyabean. Proponit is also under development on sugar beet. Proponit is currently registered in several countries: Mexico, Chile, Ukraine and now Russia and under development in many others. In 2010, Proponit was introduced in Ukraine and during three years it proved to be very successful in this market. The Arysta LifeScience team is very happy to be able to offer this product to Russian farmers.
“Proponit is an effective herbicide for weed control in agricultural crops and is under development in many areas in the world. Arysta LifeScience looks also at ready mix development in order to bring new solutions with a broad spectrum of efficacy for a variety of crops,” said Christophe Sepulchre de Condé, Herbicides Product Manager Europe.
“This product is very successful in the Ukrainian market and we are happy that Russian farmers will also be able to benefit from Proponit in their fields” said Ekaterina Leshtaeva, Marketing Manager CIS.
More solutions from: Arysta LifeScience Corporation
Published: August 7, 2012