Trait Project Lead, Resistance Traits to Pests and Diseases, Vegetables
Location: Aurangabad, India
Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 26,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com.
We are offering a Trait Project Lead position with focus on plant resistance traits against pests and diseases - 1 senior position in Aurangabad, India.
The TPL role is a key part of any new breeding project that requires the discovery or deployment of disease and pest resistance traits. The Trait Project Lead has full responsibility for project development, management, and delivery for projects focused upon pest and disease resistance in assigned vegetable crops. She/he will serve as project lead or member of a project team in a given vegetable crop that requires his/her expertise for project success. She/he will provide technical leadership to the entire vegetable R&D community on a selected area of expertise and provide line management to designated R&D employees. She/he will report to the Head of Traits & Technology or other designated T&T Lead.
- Expert knowledge in plant pathology (Ph.D. Required or Master degree with 10 years’ experience) particularly related to plant pathogen interaction
- Demonstrated understanding of plant breeding and use of molecular markers
- Knowledge of entomology and abiotic stresses
- Basic knowledge in genetics, statistics, plant or crop physiology, and molecular marker development.
- 3-5 years of Plant Pathology within commercial sector
- 3-5 years of technical and staff/line management
- Ability to communicate fluently (Verbal and Written) in English
- Project management
- Economics and effective resource management
- Ability to manage progress through others rather than direct management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially those required to successfully function as part of lead cross-functional, cross-cultural, multi-location teams
- National/International Travel Required
Abroad experiences as a post-doc in resistance breeding or plant-pathogen interaction or in one of the area of trait dissection will be appreciated.
Please send application (CV and cover letter) to Dr. Annadana Seetharam: firstname.lastname@example.org and Grégori Bonnet: email@example.com.
More positions from: Syngenta France S.A.S.
Posted from February 14, 2013 until August 14, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 33843