Nickerson-Zwaan is an international organisation, active in research, processing, marketing and sales of vegetable seeds. With our head office in Made in the Netherlands, we also operate facilities in Tuitjenhorn and Rilland (The Netherlands), USA, Germany, UK, Poland, Ukraine and South Africa. Nickerson-Zwaan is a member of the Limagrain Group, one of the world’s largest seed companies.
For the Company’s activities in vegetables we seek a Project Lead Allium Genetics (full time)
The objective of this position is to support the development of hybrid Allium crops such as onion and leek by revealing the underlying genetics and genomics, and by accelerating our current molecular breeding programs in these crops. You are based at the Allium R&D Station of Nickerson-Zwaan in Rilland, The Netherlands. You report to the Head of Trait Genomics & Genetics of Nickerson-Zwaan.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Initiate, lead and execute research projects or multidisciplinary programs aimed at the innovation of the breeding processes and at contributing to the developing of molecular methods for quality assurance
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company within the field of genetics and genomics, and expanding the our freedom-to-operate and intellectual property position
- Provide direct and functional leadership to individuals and teams
- Maintain, build and leverage internal and external networks to support delivery of business goals
- PhD in Genetics or related fields within the Life Sciences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working experience in or with the (seed) industry
- Excellent command of the English language
For more information on our company you can visit our website: http://www.nickerson-zwaan.com.
For information on the job you can contact Sylvia Versteeg (+ 31-162-690900 or e-mail: email@example.com).
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume, preferably by e-mail or by using the application form on our website:
Attn. Sylvia Versteeg
PO Box 28
4920 AA Made
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.