Bayer CropScience (BCS) is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and plant biotechnology. With our headquarters in Monheim, Germany, Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of about 17,900, and is represented in more than 120 countries. BCS is structured into six Business Operations units: four regional crop protection units and two units responsible for Environmental Science and BioScience – offering an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture as well as for non-agricultural applications.
The incumbent will:
· Apply the Quality Assurance/ Quality Management program as developed by the Global QA & Stewardship function, to the market area from Research through Commercial Supply Chain:
o Coordinate with the Crop Managers and other operational staff, the implementation of the QA/QMS procedures globally for the crop.
o Ensure the systematic Review of Seed Quality Standards and the associated Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, adapt if necessary while trying to harmonize between different sites and/or departments in conjunction with the QA coordinator.
o Have the concerned documents updated, approved and made available to the people concerned, in cooperation with the central Quality Assurance Quality Management System function.
o Agree with the Global QA coordinator on the yearly Audit plan for the Market Area and prepare the business for Auditing (“be ready at any time”).
o Ensure training of new personnel in the implementation of the QA/QMS principles.
o In the case of new seed development/activities, ensure that the QA/QMS is also applied to these activities.
· Ensure development and maintenance of Global Policies, Directives, Technical Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and Audit Tools to support stewardship practices.
· Monitor the seed product quality and its associated costs (Quality prevention, control, and failures costs) together with the accountable crop managers.
· Liaise with the Global QA coordinator to improve quality practices by sharing and exploiting knowledge/experience between and from different departments, functions, countries. Make use of information from audits, previous quality issues, complaints, etc. and ensure that “lessons learned” are incorporated.
· Work collaboratively to identify solutions and facilitate continuous improvement measures in conjunction with the Global QA coordinator.
· When adapting or building new facilities (e.g. greenhouses, seed plants) provide input to the design from a QA/QMS perspective.
· Ensure that external requirements for Certified Quality Management Systems are met.
· Follow new QA developments/requirements in the seed and biotechnology industry and assess together with the Global QA coordinator if the BCS QA/QMS program requires adaptation.
· Participate to technology trait strategies for the market area by:
o Providing third party collaborators/licensees with QA requirements (in agreement with crop managers) and guidance, through technical annexes in the contract and/or trait QA manuals, which are developed in collaboration with the central QA function.
o Verify that third party collaborators/licensees:
o Have met QA requirements (ex. by means of site visits and/or auditing)
o Review and update requirements
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
· PhD degree in molecular biology, agronomy or related field required.
· Strong background in analyses as it pertains to seed QA/QC testing is essential.
· Good understanding of the seed business and supply chain required.
· Incumbent must possess good communication skills and report writing with strong problem solving skills.
Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now at:
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reference Code: 0000029326