Director of Sales
Location: Salinas, California, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to manager our sales force. This position will be responsible for all companywide sales through our account manager team.
Progeny Advanced Genetics is a Salinas, CA–based plant genetics company that is celebrating its 18th anniversary. We are an entrepreneurial driven company solely dedicated to being the preeminent innovator, developer, supplier and source of information to the world’s fresh produce industry for proprietary lettuce varieties. We have a strong commitment to our customers, team members and the communities we serve. We also believe in allowing our team members the necessary autonomy and flexibility to be successful in their position and to achieve balance in their life. Progeny is headquartered in Salinas, California with an office in Yuma, Arizona.
We are recruiting for a Director of Sales; seeking candidates that have a solid agriculture sales and management background. The successful candidate will be solution-driven, with a proven ability to manage people and deliver consistent results.
You must be able to consistently deliver results and work autonomously in a fast moving environment. Responsibilities include the preparation, proposal and execution of annual sales plan. Candidate must have experience in effectively managing a sales team to achieve annual company goals. Travel between all territories is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 3 years in vegetable seed industry.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator.
- Must have prior successful sales management experience.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment; be flexible and adapt quickly while working with internal and external customers.
- Must have excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) Outlook.
- Available after hours.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Specific knowledge of lettuce seed.
The compensation includes salary, bonus plan and benefits.
Resumes and cover letters for this position may be submitted via email to email@example.com
More positions from: Progeny Advanced Genetics, Inc.
Posted from January 10, 2012 until July 10, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 23593