Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Monsanto is the world's leading Agri-Biotech company, putting technology in the hands of farmers to improve the world's food production.
- Monsanto is a Fortune 500 multinational, having been in India for over 60 years.
- Monsanto products have proved a game-changer for Indian farmers, having changed India from a net importer of cotton to the world's 2nd largest exporter.
IT @ Monsanto
- IT is Monsanto's Competitive Advantage!
- It represents a generational leap in how computing power is harnessed to reduce product development cycles and produce ever-better products. IT provides sophisticated tools that manage data of unprecedented complexity and scale to accelerate trials, while ensuring complete traceability from gene to farm.
Technology Pipeline Solutions:
- Is Monsanto's largest IT vertical, providing IT solutions to the company's Research & Development.
- It is comparable to IT product companies with market-cap of USD 1 Billion.
- It provides applications in the areas of Biotechnology, Prediction, Management of Field Trials and Regulatory Compliance.
- TPS has consistently delivered software products to R&D. TPS success is built on an sound understanding of business combined with the best in IT - people, process and practice. The Launch team serves a critical role in TPS, connecting the development team to business, shaping products and stewarding them through the life-cycle.
- As Launch Lead, you will lead the core launch team supporting the acceleration of R&D activities in Asia-Pacific as Monsanto's business grows in the region. Your responsibilities will include defining launch vision and strategy in alignment with the global launch function, working closely with stakeholders in the global launch team and lateral functions for execution. In this role, you are successful by being an influential leader who knows that success doesn't stop with a finished software product. You are committed to expanding market-share and eager to improve product, process and practice, making life better.
- Knowledge of current practice in Agri-BioTechnology, including Regulatory Compliance
- Exposure to Product Management or Marketing
- Skilled with analysis of large data-sets and statistical approaches - OR - Proven track record of problem-solving
- 1-2 years of team-leadership skills - hiring, resourcing and people development
- IT Savvy - Familiarity with software used in research workflows
- Some experience with databases or software quality
- Proven project delivery experience
Educational Requirements / Certification:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Lifesciences or Agricultural Sciences from a premier institute
- Expert-level knowledge of Plant Breeding, Molecular Plant Breeding
- Background in Plant Biology and Genetics
- 5+ years of work experience, with 3+ years of hands-on experience in research and/or breeding
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from January 19, 2012 until July 19, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 23831