President & CEO
Location: USA (home based)
What is Seed Programs International (SPI)?
SPI is a small U.S. based non-profit, tax-exempt humanitarian organization that provides other humanitarian organizations with vegetable seed to distribute to poor, hungry and malnourished people in the developing world enabling them to grow vegetable gardens. SPI provides viable seed, seed expertise, guidance in operating seed programs, as well as basic gardening training material. SPI has shipped over 13,000,000 packets to over 70 countries on five continents. More information is available on our website: http://seedprograms.org/.
What are the Responsibilities of the President & CEO?
SPI President & CEO is a full-time employee reporting to the Board of Directors. He/she is accountable and responsible for leading, directing and managing all functions enabling SPI to achieve its Mission. Responsibilities include:
- Recruiting partner humanitarian organizations to distribute and pay for seed.
- Generating funding to keep SPI financially sound
- Preparing and meeting annual budgets.
- Obtaining donations of bulk seed, paper, seed testing and other items and services.
- Overseeing operations – warehousing, packaging, shipping, seed quality, and documentation.
- General supervision of employees and volunteers.
- Administration – record keeping, financial/accounting, legal, tax, & website maintenance.
- Short and long term business planning, including resources and workforce.
- Must be U.S. based.
- Have a passion for the Mission of SPI.
- Be a self-starter, organized, with good interpersonal skills.
- Have successful management experience.
- Non-profit, seed industry, agricultural, fundraising experience highly desirable.
- He/she works out of own home.
- Some travel throughout year.
- Modest starting salary subject to increase with successful fundraising results.
Paul Bennett, SPI Director, 1-925-297-4133, firstname.lastname@example.org
More positions from: Seed Programs International (SPI)
Posted from January 20, 2012 until July 20, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 23870