Molecular Breeding Associate
Location: Lebanon, Indiana, USA
AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company and currently the 4th largest field seeds company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed. Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
We are looking for a Molecular Breeding Research Associate for our Research division.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is seeking a highly motivated scientist for the Trait Genetics team. The Research Associate’s primary responsibility will be to work closely with the project manager and pathologist to complete molecular breeding projects. We will use current technologies to develop superior corn genetics. Breeding focus will be on value added traits such as disease, insect, or stress resistances. This position will interact with other breeders, statisticians, quantitative geneticists, and molecular marker team members. The position will evolve toward more responsibility over breeding projects and especially data flow and analysis with various in-house software tools.
- Play a key role in a molecular breeding program aimed at introgressing value added traits into elite corn germplasm.
- Participate in all phases of field experimentation from preparation through harvest.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of corn germplasm and breeding techniques.
- Be trained on analysis of molecular marker data for QTL identification and marker assisted selection.
- Ensure that the team is trained and compliant with all safety policies and procedures.
- Able to work under field conditions in trials and nurseries.
- Some travel to company meetings, out-of-state trials, winter nurseries, and occasional conferences.
- MS in plant breeding, bio-statistics, or related field or a B.S. with minimum 3 years of applicable experience.
- Strong background in plant breeding, genetics, statistics, and molecular markers.
- Proficiency with database applications, data analysis, and spreadsheet software.
- Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and innovative.
- Ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak in English fluently.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Knowledge and experience in field operations and agronomy.
- Record of innovation and process improvement
To apply for position with AgReliant Genetics, please visit Career site at www.agreliantgenetics.com
To apply for this position please follow this link:
More positions from: AgReliant Genetics, LLC.
Posted from January 30, 2012 until July 30, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24089