Global Crop Placement Specialist, Vegetables
Location: Woodland, California or St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Collaborating. Inspiring. Leading.
Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on making a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking technology and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You’ll be respected, you’ll contribute to the bottom line and you’ll help farmers feed the world.
This position is responsible for the placement of gross production amount at the optimal production location and crop planting window. This role must ensure the timely arrival of the needed amount of parental seeds at the production area. A key focus of this role is to monitor production volume deviations from this plan and take necessary actions, such as maximizing or canceling production orders. Duties also include batch selection of parental lines and grower contract approvals.
- Operational focus to ensure optimal supply is achieved by working closely with field production teams, production research, production strategy
- Provide technical input on crop placement of each production order taking into account country, location, production window, hybrid plant ability
- Review Stockseed inventory and select batches with the appropriate treatment, quality, and volume that will be used for productions
- Analyze and determine capacity needed for production fields/land at home farms and 3rd party growers
- Analyze and determine production split among assigned crops and production areas based on gross production plans, taking into account forecast demand volume and timing
- Regular review and analysis of usable supply received against targeted production plan requested
- Continuously review and monitor crop estimates to determine if action is needed, such as maximizing volume, canceling production orders, or placing new productions
- Provide input to Production Managers on base rates that will achieve the optimal yield
- Work closely with Production to expedite commercial hybrid productions if needed for immediate sales, as well as stock seed productions if needed for crop turn production orders
- Protocols for commercial and SS productions
- Network with crop technical experts in teams of Seed Tech and Production Strategy
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture or related field
- 3 or more years of experience with vegetable seed production, QA, research or product development
- Travel requirement: 10-15%
To view the complete job description for this exciting position and/or apply online to this opportunity please visit our website at jobs.monsanto.com and apply to Requisition # 005DJ.
We offer very competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package.
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
More positions from: Monsanto Vegetable Seeds
Posted from February 7, 2012 until August 7, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24298