Technical Service Rep Sr I
Location: North Dakota, USA
The Tech Service Rep assumes responsibility and leadership for all technical elements (labels, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning of BASF products) for his/her assigned territory. This person will be responsible for supporting BASF Business Reps, Strategic Account Managers and a defined list of external customers. The person is accountable technical support of the BASF product line to the BASF business reps and customers with the objective of meeting or exceeding established sales goals while reducing liability costs and maintaining the technical integrity of product positions.
The Tech Service Rep is responsible for ensuring that Marketing, Sales , and technical positions are in alignment for the district they support. Regular interaction with Marketing Managers, Business reps, Strategic Account Managers, Technical Marketing Managers, and Biology is imperative. Support of the sales organization to achieve income objectives occurs primarily via direct interaction and by influencing key external customers.
- Development of new potential markets and demonstration programs to support district, regional and national selling objectives. Preparation of technical materials as needed
- Training activities to sales representatives, customers, university personnel, and other influential customers
- Monitor and positively influence key centers of influence (COI) such as universities, consultants, and other 3rd parties through relationship building and regular contact. Provide product information, label updates, and technical results to these COI's. Administer local demonstration and grant programs
- Provide customer service call training and assistance to sales representatives
- Train sales representative on investigative field techniques and assist with product investigation where necessary
- Investigate and provide supportive data to meet sales objectives. Develop field plot protocols to provide needed data to answer product usage questions
- Provide technical link between R&D and the market place. Must become familiar with new BASF products prior to first market year. Participate and help organize EUP plots
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- MS/PhD degree in plant science or related discipline.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Knowledge of markets, customers, and key 3rd party influencers
- Must be willing to travel
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:"
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
More positions from: BASF - The Chemical Company
Posted from February 8, 2012 until August 8, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24329