Head of Product Development Cereals, EAME
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 24,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
Syngenta Seeds recruit a Head of Product Development Cereals, EAME
The purpose of the Product Evaluation Lead Cereals EAME is to coordinate product evaluation activities for cereals in EAME in conjunction with the R&D and M&S and to drive excellence in product evaluation for cereals. Successful delivery of the role will result in high quality analyzed data to enable product advancement decisions to be made in conjunction with crop portfolio managers.
As the senior PE role for cereals in EAME the person will be member of the EAME Cereals Business team as well as the Regional Seeds Product Development Leadership Team ( PDLT)
Manage and deliver product evaluation in Cereals to drive product advancement decisions :
- Coordinate product evaluation activities across the crop in conjunction with R&D heads, PE leads and portfolio managers, develop an optimized regional PE plan
- Develop and roll out product evaluation systems and processes across the crop to ensure consistent high quality data collection for varieties and hybrids across the region.
- Develop crop expertise in key geographies
- Develop agronomic expertise within the team applicable to geographies
- Optimize trial location across the region to drive efficiency
- Together with the breeding program leads,provide guidance to product managers on hybrids/varieties to advance
- Deliver a fully analyzed data set on the performance of hybrids and varieties from PE trials across the region.
Proactively manage the breadth of the advancement pipeline in relationship to two drivers :
- Innovation and value added potential of the new products
- Business position of the current product portfolio to help, prioritize and scale investments in late stages
Together with the Product Team make recommendations on product advancement to portfolio managers as part of annual product advancement meetings
Product design feed-back to breeding programs
- Based on performance data collected as part of the PE trials, actively participate in breeding projects providing feed-back on product design.
Recommendation on best crop practices
- Identify areas of improvement in agronomic practices associated with the regional PE trials. Work with marketing/agronomy to provide trainings to Syngenta teams on crops best practices.
Responsible to submit and manage the resources human and financials .
- Masters or PhD degree in agronomy or breeding
- Knowledge in IT, database and global systems
- Fluent in English
- Profound understanding of crop phenotyping, agronomy and statistics.
- Experience of tools and solutions implementation in order to facilitate and improve business performance.
- Sound experience of Project and change management
- Understanding of cereals market and crop specifications
- Sound understanding of commercial and business concepts
- Profound understanding of agronomy and breeding principles
Please apply at www.syngenta.com/careers
More positions from: Syngenta France S.A.S.
Posted from February 23, 2012 until August 23, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24722