Global Crop Lead, Oilseeds & Sorghum
Location: Hyderabad, India
Reporting to CEO & Managing Director
- Basic education in Agriculture with management education.
- Must possess good technical knowledge, demonstrated business skills and operating knowledge in grain and forage sorghum, sunflower, canola and mustard crops
- 8 – 10 years work experience in seed industry handling sales and marketing of field crops of which 3-5 years should be in a crop management role.
- Must have a good understanding of market dynamics of designated crops in all key geographies.
- Work experience in multicultural environment in international arena will be added advantage.
- Person should have good planning, analytical, decision making, leadership and communication skills.
- Possess demonstrated people-management skills, assertive, strategic orientation, result orientated, cost conscious with high level of personal integrity and ability to interact effectively with multi-functional teams.
- Able to manage cross border cultures along with flexibility and adaptability
- Planning & implementation of short & long term strategies for crop revenue, profits and growth/ market share.
- Design & ensure implementation of medium & long term crop strategy which keeps the company competitive in the global markets on a sustainable basis.
- Tracking of market dynamics in all the key crop geographies to manage the crop portfolio and life cycle management,plan product advancement and commercialization.
- Planning and arranging for production and supply along with inventory management
- Working with local crop managers, geography leads, International marketing lead, finance and other functions in the organization to help the company to achieve the objectives in the crop.
- To deliver the profit objectives of the crop at the global level.
- Develop the list of traits for designated crops that are required by each geography and establish a value these traits bring into the business.
- Coordinate with research to direct the programs to match the market requirements.
- Drive initiatives to source traits and technology to support the crop breeding strategies needed to meet the customer requirements.
- Planning and tracking of key development projects
- Effective representation of Company interests with relevant industry bodies
- Contribute to achieve organization’s overall business goals as part of leadership team.
Please apply to email@example.com
More positions from: Advanta India Ltd.
Posted from February 27, 2012 until August 27, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24801