Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 700 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. We are currently seeking and Strategy Analyst
Located in Research Triangle Park, NC the Strategy Analyst will join Strategic Marketing team to facilitate bringing the BASF Plant Science LP traits to the market place. The analyst will report to the Director, Strategic Marketing and will be responsible for developing and analyzing agriculture and biotech market data to support and drive BASF Plant Science strategy. This role will be responsible for gathering and analyzing market, customer, product, crop and competitor data, and to draw conclusions to facilitate strategy development and business decision making. The Analyst will also support and serve on cross-functional teams to ensure an accurate understanding of the market trends in targeted crops and traits.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather and analyze data from a variety of public and internal sources to assist in strategic projects and business case development. Deliver accurate information in a timely fashion to business management team
- Monitor trait partners' industry trends and participate in research projects as needed, provide data and research support for product concept development
- Identify emerging topics based on research efforts for further evaluation
- Construct databases using MS Access (including tables, queries, macros) or Excel, develop documentation and procedures in relation to trait technology partners
- Support team to develop and improve market intelligence and research processes and results
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Ag Business or related field with 5 years of cumulative strategic planning and market research experience, preferably in a management consulting firm. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Experience building presentations and reports based on data analysis
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills, with good command of contemporary written and audiovisual tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel and Office Suite software
- Must be a highly motivated individual with strong self-directed capabilities
- Prior experience in Agriculture Marketing or Agriculture Biotechnology
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from March 5, 2012 until September 5, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 24992