Location: Arizona, USA
Bridgestone Americas is seeking candidates to fill a position at our BioRubber Research Farm in central/southern Arizona. The positions will be responsible for working with a small team of plant scientists to develop Guayule (Parthenium argentatum) as a commercially viable feedstock for production of tire-grade rubber.
The Research Agronomist will be responsible for developing and executing a research plan to:
- Establish best growing practices to support value-added products
- Develop guayule production models to support year-round agri-business model
- Develop best practices for irrigation, fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide use
- Develop a cost-effective harvesting systems to integrate with existing regional infrastructure
- Pursue direct-seeding approach to replace costly transplants
Qualified candidates are preferred to have:
- An MS or PhD in Agronomy, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Horticulture or a related field
- Experience working in arid environments
- Candidates for either position must possess solid academic training, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong skills in verbal/written communication and the ability to effectively collaborate with others are essential.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To be considered for one of these positions, submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc. by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 330-379-7290. AA/EOE.
More positions from: Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
Posted from March 5, 2012 until September 5, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25012