Research Farm Manager
Location: Arizona, USA
Bridgestone Americas is seeking candidates to fill the position of Farm Manager at our newly created BioRubber Research Farm in central/southern Arizona. The position will be responsible for working with a small team of plant scientists to develop Guayule (Parthenium argentatum) as a commercially viable feedstock for production of tire-grade rubber. The Farm Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and execute plan to adapt facility to intended purpose (building construction, irrigation system(s) development, land improvements, cropping systems development, utilities etc.)
- Develop/execute capital equipment plan to support research farm operations.
- Manage all financial and operational aspects of the research farm
- Assist in near-term and long-term strategic, technical and financial planning process
- Develop a cost effective production system (crop budgets) for guayule using different irrigation systems and soil types that can be effectively utilized by local growers
- Accurately report the status of the production plan and farm budget to management
- Document and report status of the growing plan for analysis
- Coordinate raw-material supply plan with counterpart at conversion facility (Pilot Plant)
- Design and implement standard operating procedures to efficiently manage labor and equipment
- Work closely with staff scientists to execute the research plan
- Maintain, calibrate and document planting and spray equipment
Qualified candidates are preferred to have:
- An BS or MS in Agronomy, Plant Science, Horticulture or related field and 5 years farm management experience
- A valid pesticide applicators license
- Experience working in arid environments
- Research farm experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) highly preferred
Strong skills in verbal/written communication and the ability to effectively collaborate with others are essential.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc. by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by fax to 330-379-7290.
More positions from: Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
Posted from March 5, 2012 until September 5, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25014