Location: Almeria, Spain
HM CLAUSE is an international organization specialized in the research, breeding, production and selling of vegetable seeds. Our headquarters are located in France. HMCLAUSE fulfills a vital mission in the world food chain by supplying vegetables and high-quality innovative genetic seeds to producers on every continent. Our company plays an important role in the supplying of food to a large number of people. It regards itself as an “enlightened seed producer” whose ambition is to promote scientific progress in its sector for the improvement of plant diversity in the world. Our expanding organization, with 15 subsidiaries on all continents, focuses on quality and genetic innovation. Via the group, we are the largest European seed producer and 4th largest in the world. Today, for the tomato breeding team we are looking for a new breeder in order to keep and also improve our strong position. The job is open in Almeria (Spain).
Your mission will be to create competitive tomato hybrid varieties for Spain market. In order to do that, you have to :
- conduct a comprehensive Tomato breeding program in order to provide the company with new competitive Tomato Hybrid Varieties ;
- enhance existing genetic resources ;
- implement the best technologies and methods available for germplasm improvement.
So, more in detail, you will :
- Be responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company and Research & Breeding Department.
- Design strategy and execute Tomato breeding program to develop competitive varieties for Spain and related winter markets.
- Manage, support and direct the breeding team in Almeria. Interface with other non-residential Tomato Breeders across the globe.
- Team up with Product Managers, Product Development specialists and Technology providers to assure close contact with products, markets and customers, and efficient adoption of technologies and traits.
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company within the field of breeding and crop knowledge, and reinforce our intellectual property position.
- Assist in the education and training of HM.Clause associates, assistants and other staff members.
- You have completed a study in Plant Breeding at university level (MSc / PhD) and already have at least 5 years of experience in vegetable breeding, preferably in tomato.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English and occasional travellings aren’t a problem for you.
- You are able to perfectly plan and organize your activities.
- You know how to plan and manage multiple projects completely and accurately.
- You take care of details ; have problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You use MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
Please join us by mail (resume/CV+cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
More positions from: HM.Clause
Posted from March 19, 2012 until September 19, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25355