Location: Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France
HM CLAUSE is an international organization specialized in the research, breeding, production and selling of vegetable seeds. Our headquarters are located in France. HMCLAUSE fulfills a vital mission in the world food chain by supplying vegetables and high-quality innovative genetic seeds to producers on every continent. Our company plays an important role in the supplying of food to a large number of people. It regards itself as an “enlightened seed producer” whose ambition is to promote scientific progress in its sector for the improvement of plant diversity in the world. Our expanding organization, with 15 subsidiaries on all continents, focuses on quality and genetic innovation. Via the group, we are the largest European seed producer and 4th largest in the world. Today we are looking for a pepper prebreeder who will work with our breeding director. The job is located in Saint-Rémy-de Provence (South of France).
Your mission will be to be responsible for the identification and introduction of valuable new traits to support the main stream breeding. In order to do that, you have to :
- Create, maintain, valorize genetic resources : genetic mapping population, EMS populations, ILL, core collections,…
- Study complex traits via use of classical (bi parental crosses) or novel QTL approach (LD, multi parental crosses…) ; creation of relevant material and process
- Create and implement phenotyping methodology
- Develop projects according to the Crop Committees priorities
- Be a key contributor in taking strategic initiatives for delivering tools for breeders and trait breeders
- You have completed a study in Biology / Genetics at university level (MSc / PhD preferred) and already have experience in other disciplines : pathology, molecular, physiology, cell biology, statistics,…
- You are able to interact fluently with English speaking scientists, and be comfortable with the local language.
- You are OK with extensive travelling and are aware of it’s a high seasonal variation of activity
- You know how to plan and manage multiple projects completely and accurately.
- You take care of details ; have problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You are able to argument and to convince any interlocutor and to work with different people in a network of companies of several locations.
You use MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
Please contact us by mail (resume + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
More positions from: HM.Clause
Posted from March 29, 2012 until September 29, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25675