Associate Scientist, Molecular Breeding
Location: Alvin, Texas, USA
This position is part of a team focused on enhancing hybrid value through the development of traits and new technologies.
The scientist will be responsible for specific projects to develop screening assays, identify and select material carrying new traits, validate traits, and breed the new traits into elite germplasm. Most of the work is field based however some traits might be screened in a laboratory, growth chamber, or greenhouse. Encompassed within the position is the design of experiments and the daily tasks required to complete the experiments including planting, monitoring, collecting data, crossing plants, selecting plants carrying traits, harvesting plants, analyzing data, and project reporting. Traits for various abiotic tolerances are currently the main focus for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must plan and manage multiple projects including carrying out detailed daily activities required for on time project completion
- Must perform required field work including planting, evaluating, and harvesting experimental plots
- Direct seasonal employees in a manner that work is completed accurately, safely, and on time
- Record all experimental data in appropriate software and summarize and report project results
- Follow company safety, quality management system, and policy requirements
Education and Experience:
We desire a person who can work effectively in a team environment, has field work experience preferably with rice, and a strong background in genetics, physiology, molecular genetics, agronomy or a similar field. You will need to have initiative and accomplish the work without direct oversight and be able to focus on the detailed aspects of the projects. A Ph.D. degree is desired but candidates with a M.S. degree and appropriate experience will be considered.
Please apply via the following link:
More positions from: RiceTec, Inc.
Posted from March 30, 2012 until September 30, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25715