Processing Manager, Carrots
Location: Parma, Idaho, USA
Within the specified crop matrix advice Global Production Manager on the decided production plan and assist through utilizing owned facilities, direct grower or 3rd party contracts, distribute, manage and monitor the execution of these plans. Advice the Global Production Manager to ensure a consistent quality and quantity of stock seed needed, which ensures the production of the commercial seeds.
- Advice and assist the global production manager on the distribution, management, monitoring and execution of plans by providing policy and procedures in crop management relating to the specific crop in order to meet the production plan.
- Analyze current, past and forecasted sales, available inventory, current production and new product development in stock seed, to advice the global production manager on how to plan stock seed inventory needs usage in order to provide a seamless supply of seed.
- Advice on the production locations both for commercial & stock seeds worldwide and make proposals for the production guidelines per specie, variety and methodology on the crop management worldwide to establish a desired optimum mix between reliability, quality and costs.
- Communicate companies decisions to accept & reject lots from suppliers; both stock seeds and commercial seeds, and responsible for the final settlement of the production contract (direct or indirect).
- On calendar basis and ad hoc, in concert with the logistic crop specialist and crop sales manager decide on production volumes in order to meet seed production orders.
- In conjunction with the regional crop manager and global production manager, ensure the monitoring and reviewing of the stock and commercial seed crops are conducted in order to guarantee final product meets quality standards including inspection reports and field rouging data.
- Monitor quality and genetic purity in concert with breeders, the quality development specialist and growers in all aspects of the growing crop including the supervision of field isolation, crop rotation, chemical application, and harvesting of production to ensure seed health.
- Advice the global production manager of strategy with breeders and crop teams to maintain knowledge and identification of inbred lines to ensure the potential execution of the initial pilot production of new experimental hybrids.
- Provide advice and input towards seed production research projects.
- Establish and maintain reliable 3rd party suppliers by evaluating past production practices of specified species or variety to ensure quality consistency standards are met.
- Monitor and analyze crop production information in IT systems in order to ensure accurate information is disseminated to other departments locally and globally.
- Through continuous communication and providing monthly reporting, keep the global production manager informed on ongoing departmental activities and work in progress and advice on alternatives in order to maintain efficiency.
- Advice the management on the developments of the expenses budget to maintain efficiency.
- Ability to synchronize the need of the company with the needs and demands of the contracted grower/third party;
- Good communication skills, works well with others; is a team player
- Strong command of the English language;
- Computer competent; Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Should possess the following competencies: global vision, analyzing, and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related field;
- Seven plus years’ experience in seed production;
- Knowledge of growing practices for carrots and onions crops;
- Familiarity with production research practices and field plot techniques.
- Majority of work is conducted outdoors;
- Exposure to heat, dust, noise and potential chemicals;
- Frequent international travel required
To learn more about Nunhems or to apply for this position, please visit www.nunhems.com
More positions from: Nunhems USA, Inc.
Posted from April 4, 2012 until October 4, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 25869