Location: Berthoud, Colorado, USA
Division: Production & Supply
Function: Vegetables, DFC, Cereals Production
State/Province: Colorado [CO]
Country: United States [US]
Job ID: 2968
The position assumes responsibility to manage, direct, and provide expertise for Supply Chain operations in the Syngenta NAFTA Cereals operations team to ensure that the seed purification, multiplication and production goals are met.
- Manage all aspects of contract seed production to obtain quality parameters and to maintain a crop plan for planning adequate seed supplies.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Lead contracting for Stock Seed production including option contract management.
- Lead contracting for all Direct Seed production including option management.
- Lead contracting for all Processing of seed with third-parties conditioners.
- Communicate annually with Syngenta Legal to insure contracts utilized are current up to date legal documents.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University Program Degree; and/or five to six years of related practical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and practical experience. Knowledge of basic seed production and principles of conditioning seed
- Knowledge and practical experience of seed certification programs Knowledge of MS Office software, SAP and excellent organizational skills
- Valid Driver's License or Commercial Driver’s License.
- Practical agronomic experience with pesticides and herbicides.
- Practical seed production and conditioning practices.
- A clear understanding of seed certification rules and regulations.
- Practical understanding of MS Office software and SAP program applications
- Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Coordinate crop plans:
- Working as a part of management team to forecast, budget, execute and monitor the crop plan.
- Work closely with regional teams to forecast and execute the Crop Plan.
- Work closely with regional teams to organize and execute logistics effectively and efficiently Establish and monitor seed quality protocol guidelines ,To monitor protocol guidelines, to ensure they are followed to ensure seed quality.
- Budgetary responsibilities.
- Direct expense budget.
- Over-all COG budgeting and monitoring in conjunction with regional business plans.
- Execution of Direct procurement of seed supply purchasesPerform other duties as assigned.
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as conversions, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Critical Leadership Capabilities:
- Directly supervise several employees in the Syngenta Cereals Supply Chain group.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Syngenta policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, leading, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Travel Requirements and other information:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to pull off-type wheat plants out of the ground. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Collins
Nearest Secondary Market: Loveland
Job Segments: Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, Agronomy, Contract Manager, ERP, Labor, Legal, Logistics, Management, Manager, Operations, Procurement, SAP, Supply, Supply Chain, Technology
More positions from: Syngenta Seeds Inc. (USA)
Posted from April 14, 2012 until October 14, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26117