Nickerson-Zwaan is an international company, active in research, processing, marketing and sales of vegetable seeds. With our head office in Made in the Netherlands, we also operate facilities in Tuitjenhorn and Rilland (The Netherlands), USA, Asia, Germany, UK, Poland, Ukraine and South Africa. Nickerson-Zwaan is a member of the Limagrain Group, one of the world’s largest seed companies.
For the Company’s activities in Onion and Leek we seek a Global Lead, Allium Breeding (full time).
The main objective of this position is to lead a global team of breeders and breeding assistants aimed at product leadership by delivering onion and leek hybrids with novel or improved combinations of traits. Additional objectives are shortening the time-to-market and increasing the probability of breeding success. You are based at the Allium R&D Station of Nickerson-Zwaan in Rilland, the Netherlands and you report to the Breeding Director Allium & Crucifers. The job requires frequent travel abroad.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to a globally operating breeding team, spread over several locations in the world
- Translate the Allium R&D strategies into product-oriented operational plans, steer on achieving business objectives and monitor and report on progress
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the breeding team and expand our freedom-to-operate and intellectual property position
- Maintain, build and leverage internal and external networks to support timely delivery of business goals
- PhD in Genetics and/or Plant Breeding
- Proven leadership skills in Seed Industry, future-vision based with business objective orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
For more information on our company visit our website: http://www.nickerson-zwaan.com.
For information on the job contact Sylvia Versteeg
(+31 162 690900) or mail: email@example.com.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume, preferably by e-mail or by using the application form on our website:
Attn. Sylvia Versteeg (senior HR Officer)
PO Box 28; 4920 AA Made
Or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org