Scientist (Plant Pathologist, Vegetables division)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Monsanto Vegetable Division, a division that includes De Ruiter Seeds, Seminis Seeds and the International Seed Group. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
We are currently seeking a talented plant pathologist for our Plant Health Scientist position. Our preferred candidate is conversant with basic field pathology, epidemiology, molecular and conventional diagnostics, breeding for pathogen/pest resistance, bio-assay development and improvement, data analysis, and prioritization. In addition, we are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, proven effectiveness in working in a matrix organisation, willing to travel in India and occasionally abroad.
- Lead field pathology activities in the R&D organisation in India,
- Provide scientific expertise to our pathology activities in India,
- Provide technical expertise to our pathology laboratory activities in Bangalore, and field trialing activities across India.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholder, including but not limited to scientist, breeders and management.
- Development of innovative tools to further optimize the efficacy and efficiency of (field) trialing.
- Work in a highly matrixed team environment to develop and execute experiments involving multiple data types and of variable complexity.
Monsanto is the largest developer, grower and marketer of fruit and vegetable seeds in the world. We lead the development of hybrids with state-of -the-art resistances, that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage and reduce the need of chemicals. Research is the heart of Monsanto and its future as we are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
- PhD in plant pathology with 5 + years of relevant laboratory/field pathology experience
- Must have hands-on experiences in molecular and conventional diagnostics, breeding for resistance and bio-assay development
- Must have demonstrated success in working in matrixed teams and must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of epidemiological modelling work of plant pathogens is a plus.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from April 19, 2012 until October 19, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26252