Crop Quality Expert
Location: Stanton and Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA
Division: Production & Supply
Function: Production & Processing Technology
City: Stanton and Minnetonka
State/Province: Minnesota [MN]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Crop Quality Expert
Job ID: 2974
- Define, standardize, implement and govern, globally accepted, rules of seed testing and batch characteristics for (crops) that support Syngenta requirements and Foundation designs; main focus on P&S but linking with other functions as applicable
- Builds and provides direction to a network of key users and stakeholders working with all information systems that are used within Product Quality Control environments to achieve optimum standardization
- Develop global strategy around standardization of rules of seed testing and batch management within and across crops and secures maintenance of those standardized ways of working to ensure transparency and consistency.
- Provide business requirements and direction and coordinate with SBS / Sustex to design optimal process solutions to fully meet Product Quality and batch management operational, customer and compliance requirements
- Works closely with the Test Development leads to optimally roll out new or improved protocols.
- Governs and maintains the global Product Quality and batch management master data descriptions, definitions and formats for Foundation as well as other systems (e.g. methods, standards, norms, batch characteristics, Master Inspection Characteristics, etc.) for assigned crop(s) and manages the appropriate use thereof
- Builds and provides direction to an effective network of local key users working within Product Quality Control environments to achieve optimum standardization (with) in the use of information / supporting systems
- Bridge with the appropriate stakeholders to drive the implementation of standardized and harmonized Product Quality Control test methods and batch release processes globally as defined by the technical specialists within and across crop(s)Creates and maintains the global documentation of all QC tests in use per testing location to support harmonization and use in business processes
- Manages the definition and execution - in cooperation with Test Development Leads - of best practices to secure maintenance of harmonized ways of working and comparable test results (e.g. comparative tests, audits, etc.)
- Provide business requirements and direction and coordinate with SBS / Sustex to design optimal process solutions that fully meet Product Quality and batch management operational, customer and compliance requirement
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- B.S. in Agricultural, Biology, or Seed Science with experience in agricultural research and familiarity with information systems and database management.
- Seeds quality testing preferably across a range of crops
- Implementing Quality Management Systems
- Developing and implementing global and regional strategies Leadership in teambuilding and managing change within a complex, matrix organization and across different functions
- Cross functional and multi-cultural project management
- Knowledge in quality management tools (ISO, TQM, etc.)Good knowledge of SAP QM
- Project/program management across functions
- Ability to influence
- Sound analytical and problem solving/ solid IT skills
- Good Communication skills with all levels of management and internal team Fluent in English
- Set Strategy: translates vision into realistic business strategies
- Communicate Effectively: expresses ideas fluently and eloquently
- Achieve Goals: aligns organizational resources to accomplish key objectivesInspire *Commitment: rallies support throughout the organization to get things done
- Leverage Diversity: works well with people who differ in race, gender, culture or age
- Develops others: Brings out the best in people
- Focus Energy: is determined, committed to success
- Lead Change: effectively manages others’ resistance to organizational change
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Transparent implementation of best testing practices and harmonized methods within P&S and have a very good knowledge of supporting systems (particularly Foundation QM)
- 40% travel -- some international
- Must sign a non-compete if offered this position.
- Two years current position preferred. Candidates who have been in their current position a minimum of one year will be considered if they have the approval of their current business unit leader and hiring business unit leader.
For immediate consideration submit updated resume and best time to contact to Jamessa Jones at email@example.com.
More positions from: Syngenta Seeds Inc. (USA)
Posted from April 24, 2012 until October 24, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26386