Assistant Project Manager
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
The Assistant Project Manager will be a member of the Project Management Organizatoin within BASF Plant Science. This team performs critical activities necessary to advance BPS's plant breeding and biotechnology projects from idea to marketplace as fast and effectively as possible.
Reporting to the Project manager the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for full leadership responsibility of sub projects and will lead a multifunctional team to accomplish project milestones. The position will also assist the Project Manager with: project planning, implementation and tracking, team coordination, communication, IP strategy and research collaborations and in-licensing.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- PhD degree in a Life Sciences discipline with at least 5 years experience working within the plant biotechnology industry, including experience leading teams, to deliver project goals -OR- Masters degree in a Life Sciences discipline with at least 10 years experience working within the plant biotechnology industry, including experience leading teams, to deliver project goals.
- Demonstrated experience in the discovery and development activities for both GM and non-GM traits
- Strong interpersonal communication and proven organizational skills, acute attention to detail and knowledge of process / pipeline management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the plant input traits specifically, for row crops
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal project management processes.
- Demonstrated experience conducting field trials for plant breeding or agronomic performance testing of one or more major row crops.
- Experience working as the primary contact in industrial and/or academic collaborations
- Experience in the crop protection industry working on the discovery and/or development of crop protection agents
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from April 26, 2012 until October 26, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26452