Location: Ghent, East Flanders, Belgium
The plant biotechnology Innovation center of Bayer in Ghent is part of Bayer CropScience NV in Diegem. The Ghent site now has 350 employees and is an important research and development center of the BioScience division of the Bayer group. Bayer CropScience – BioScience is a leading international player in the research, development and marketing of agricultural and vegetable seeds with added value traits. The innovation and product development in Ghent is focused on agricultural crops such as oilseed rape, cotton, rice and wheat. BioScience has more than 2700 employees worldwide. The headquarters of Bayer CropScience are in Monheim, Germany. The company has more than 20.700 employees in more than 120 countries.
In the Ghent Innovation center, the innovation and commercialization process of improved plant varieties are being streamlined by integrating plant biotech research and global business support functions – such as legal, intellectual property, quality analysis & control and regulatory.
- As Breeding Agronomist you conduct and manage field trials in Northern France ensuring high quality standards with the goal of developing hybrids that provide the highest return to growers.
- You produce data for local and global breeding programs through trial and location planning, field plans, randomizations and field books. You are responsible for developing trial protocols as well as establishing and maintaining disease nurseries.
- You perform and coordinate seed logistic activities to ensure accurate movement, tracking, and record keeping of seed within the breeding program by maintaining the seed inventory database and seed stock. Additionally you perform and coordinate seed set up activities, maintain records in seed inventory computers, and track inter and intra company seed requests.
- Further you manage vehicles and field equipment, supervise temporary staff and ensure compliance with all existing safety standards in your area of responsibility.
- The successful candidate holds a Master of Science in agriculture as well as experience in plant breeding, genetics, oilseed rape agronomy, oilseed rape botany, pollen flow and genetic purity.
- This position is part of the agronomist career path and it is recognized that at an entry level the candidate may not have extensive replica watches uk experience, therefore a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and modify plans as required in order to minimize impact on data and production as situations arise are necessary.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team either as a member or supervising contract employees is required.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits package in an innovative and international environment. Our teams are amongst the best in the industry. Teamwork, entrepreneurship, drive, a passion to learn and to share knowledge, respect for sustainable development and integrity are our most precious values. Our international and interdisciplinary work environment offers a range of possibilities to motivated, qualified people with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Phone +32 2 535 66 99
Reference Code: 0000035309
More positions from: Bayer CropScience
Posted from May 3, 2012 until November 3, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26618