Location: Arroyo Grande, California, USA
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to support a multidisciplinary research team. The Station Manager partners with the on site Breeders, Pathologist and other departments to support their program needs and sets priorities to ensure that all needs are met.
The Station Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations at the Research Station in support of the various multifunctional research programs at the site. This individual is responsible for overseeing facility, greenhouse and field staff both on and off site to accomplish program results while maintaining a safe place to work.
Position includes some travel.
- Ensure that site staff is trained in all ESH procedures, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols.
- Acquire and maintain facilities and equipment for effective and efficient functioning of all programs.
- Ensure field and greenhouse activities accomplish breeding and other program goals.
- Participate in the hiring and supervision of station support staff.
- Administer the recruiting, training, development and retention of personnel.
- Manage station budget.
- BS in Ag related field of study and 2+ years of significant people and project management in an agricultural-related position.
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices. Greenhouse experience a plus.
- Knowledge of farming and fa.ility equipment operation and upkeep.
- Team leadership and supervisory experience.
- Pesticide applicators license or ability to get one within 6 months.
- The ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Email and the ability to master proprietary software).
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from May 3, 2012 until November 3, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26639