Assistant Station Manager
Location: Kekaha, Hawaii, USA
Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Winter Nursery
- Responsible for the Kekaha station daily operating activities, including supervision of the Financial Operations Analyst, Inventory Manager, Shipping/Receiving Manager, Workshop Manager and Administrative Assistants.
- Also responsible for enhancing internal organization processes and infrastructure to streamline and grow, fulfill its mission and develop/strengthen robust internal and external networks and manage the execution of station operations.
- Will coordinate local implementation of station strategies, function as a key member of the local management team, assist with establishing strategic and operational targets, monitor and update as needed the station’s strategic plan, and develop key operational metrics.
- Oversee the execution of ongoing station planning processes developed by the station manager that will result in an annual operating plan that specifies annual objectives and budgets.
- At the direction of the station manager, oversee capital project approval and implementation processes.
- Monitor the quality and output from station functions; in concert with the station m
- anager develop, motivate and coach staff.
- Maintain the privacy of Syngenta by taking care of the highly confidential material.
- Organize all administrative functions and delegate responsibilities as appropriate, to facilitate program operations.
- Ensure that all Policy and Procedure documents are updated, and provide policies, manuals and direction to staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of corn and soybean research processes and requirements.
- General understanding of field, road and lab equipment utilization.
- A good understanding of Hawaiian culture.
- Masters degree or bachelors degree with five years experience in tropical site preferred
- Demonstrated management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and motivate personnel individually and in teams
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skillsAbility to effectively function as omega replica watches a team member in cross functional activities
- Ability to understand and communicate complex instructions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Decisive: Ability to make timely and well thought out recommendations that are supported by data and analysis.
- Trusted: Meets all work commitments and follows through in a responsible and reliable manner; professionally and confidentially handles sensitive information.Customer-Focused: Responsive to the needs of internal customers.
- Results-Oriented: Establishes measurable goals for location employees that are consistent with departmental goals and serve to improve product cost and quality.
- Team-Oriented: Works well across functions; values input from others
- Innovative: Continually seeks new and unique opportunities to improve product quality and cost and employee satisfaction.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Establishes clear objectives and timelines for work.
- Good listener
- PC and business software skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environmental/situational needs.
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests.
- Minimal local travel required;
- Lifting upto 30 lbs.
For immediate consideration send updated resume and best time to connect to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or apply online at: http://bit.ly/JbFB3z
Job ID: 3031
More positions from: Syngenta Seeds Inc. (USA)
Posted from May 8, 2012 until November 8, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26723