Product Specialist WEU & Technical Coordinator (m/f)
Location: Ghent, East-Flanders, Belgium
The plant biotechnology Innovation center of Bayer in Ghent is part of Bayer CropScience NV in Diegem. The Ghent site has 350 employees and is an important research and development center of the BioScience division of the Bayer group. Bayer CropScience – BioScience is a leading international player in the research, development and marketing of agricultural and vegetable seeds with added value traits. The innovation and product development in Ghent is focused on agricultural crops such as oilseed rape, cotton, rice and wheat. BioScience has more than 2700 employees worldwide. The headquarters of Bayer CropScience are in Monheim, Germany. The company has more than 20.700 employees in more than 120 countries.
In the Ghent Innovation center, the innovation and commercialization process of improved plant varieties are being streamlined by integrating plant biotech research and global business support functions – such as legal, intellectual property, quality analysis & control and regulatory.
- As Product Specialist and Technical Coordinator you are responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial and pre-commercial Bayer oilseed varieties in an allocated group of countries.
- You aim at maximizing the market penetration of the portfolio of oilseed rape varieties, by developing an in depth technical knowledge of the varieties and their adaptability to the different agroclimatic environments, transferring this knowledge to the local organizations, and by providing a regional overview of the technical performance and adaptability of the different varieties.
- You propose and coordinate the implementation of the trial plans (variety yield trials, agronomy trials) for commercial and precommercial Bayer varieties in the allocated countries, analyze results and make recommendation in terms of product fit to market.
- You support the optimization of the positioning and the adaptation of the cultivation package at country level and ensure the interface between the breeding team and the business in the countries.
- You ensure ad-hoc technical support and act as key contact for the countries when it comes to technical questions regarding Bayer varieties (including handling of major product complaints).
- Further you build, develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical stakeholders and institutes to support the development, registration and promotion of Bayer seed products.
- The successful candidate holds a master degree in agriculture and a minimum of 5 years of seed technical expertise. Expert knowledge of the oilseed rape crop is required.
- We are looking for a very well organized, autonomous and pro-active person with good communication skills.
- You are fluent in German and English and possess advanced skills in the use of IT tools and databases.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits package in an innovative and international environment. Our teams are amongst the best in the industry. Teamwork, entrepreneurship, drive, a passion to learn and to share knowledge, respect for sustainable development and integrity are our most precious values. “Life” summarizes our core values: leadership, integrity, flexibility and efficiency. Our international and interdisciplinary work environment offers a range of possibilities to motivated, qualified people with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Phone +32 2 535 66 99
Reference Code: 0000035320
More positions from: Bayer CropScience
Posted from May 8, 2012 until November 8, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26724