Product Specialist Central and Eastern Europe & Technical Coordinator
Location: Lundsgaard, Germany
Bayer CropScience is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and plant biotechnology. With our headquarters in Monheim, Germany, Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of about 17.900, and is represented in more than 120 countries.
Bayer CropScience – BioScience is a leading international player in the research, development and marketing of agricultural and vegetable seeds with added value traits, offering an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture as well as for non-agricultural applications.
- As Product Specialist and Technical Coordinator you are responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial and pre-commercial Bayer oilseed varieties in an allocated group of countries in Central and Eastern Europe.
- You aim at maximizing the market penetration of the portfolio of oilseed rape varieties, by developing an in depth technical knowledge of the varieties and their adaptability to the different agroclimatic environments, transferring this knowledge to the local organizations, and by providing a regional overview of the technical performance and adaptability of the different varieties.
- You propose and coordinate the implementation of the trial plans (variety yield trials, agronomy trials) for commercial and precommercial Bayer varieties in the allocated countries, analyze results and make recommendation in terms of product fit to market.
- You ensure the interface between the breeding team and the business in the countries by transferring the technical knowledge on the Bayer varieties to the countries, providing feedback to the breeding team on the performance of the varieties under commercial conditions and contributing to the definition of the "dream” profiles for the allocated countries as base for the breeding targets.
- You contribute to build up a strong oil seed rape technical knowledge and expertise within Bayer CropScience organizations in the allocated countries, ensure ad-hoc technical support and act as key contact when it comes to technical questions regarding Bayer varieties. Further you build, develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical stakeholders and institutes to support the development, registration and promotion of Bayer seed products.
- The successful candidate holds a master degree in agriculture and a minimum of 5 years of seed technical expertise. Expert knowledge of the oilseed rape crop is required.
- We are looking for a very well organized, autonomous and pro-active person with good communication skills.
- You are fluent in German and English and possess advanced skills in the use of IT tools and databases.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits package in an innovative and international environment. Our teams are amongst the best in the industry. Teamwork, entrepreneurship, drive, a passion to learn and to share knowledge, respect for sustainable development and integrity are our most precious values. “Life” summarizes our core values: leadership, integrity, flexibility and efficiency. Our international and interdisciplinary work environment offers a range of possibilities to motivated, qualified people with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More positions from: Bayer CropScience AG
Posted from May 8, 2012 until November 8, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26725