Location: Champaign, Illinois, USA
Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont business, is currently seeking a Research Scientist in Champaign, IL. The Research Scientist will focus on yellow food corn, waxy corn, conventional non-GMO corn, and white corn segments, required to sustain or increase unit sales in North America. Strategically located in the heart of the Corn Belt in a major draw area for grain processing.
- Accountable for research and product development linkage with internal and external business teams.
- Develop and communicate critical product information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Pioneer at stakeholder meetings and technical conferences regarding specialty market corn segments.
- Provide leadership and support the development and commercialization of white, waxy and yellow food corn products.
- Interpret summarized grain quality data across years and locations to assign ratings to all white and yellow food corn products for sharing with growers and end-users.
- Coordinate demonstration plots and sample grow-outs to support business needs. Identify waxy and conventional hybrid commercial candidates and manage hybrid testing process.
- Collaborate with supply management and parent production departments to insure timely availability of supply.
- PhD in plant breeding, plant genetics or related degree and minimum of 4-6 years industry related experience required.
- Post doctoral experience may serve as experience. Or equivalent levels of relevant education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and applied experience in plant breeding or plant genetics.
- Experience with field research processes and phenotypic data analyses and utilization is essential.
- Understanding of corn grain quality, the grain processing industry, and product needs for North American corn markets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent personal interaction skills required for effectively developing strong internal and external working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and coordinate experiments and ability to effectively share results across the organization are required.
Apply online at www.pioneer.com/careers.
Submit to job 17621BR.
More positions from: DuPont Pioneer
Posted from May 17, 2012 until November 17, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 26975