Field Trial Coordinator
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities. BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
We are currently seeking a Field Trial Coordinator to be a member of the Development Management team within the BASF Plant Science organization. This team performs critical activities necessary to advance plant breeding and biotechnology projects from idea to marketplace as fast and effectively as possible. The Field Trial Coordinator will assist the Development Manager in trial planning and executes the set-up and documentation of trial protocols for any field trials and seed multiplications as well as for GLP-study plans. The Coordinator will be assisting or be fully responsible for contracting trials and follow-up with contractual parties regarding seed availability, trial progress, data capture and reporting. The Coordinator shall also serve as PRISM Power User for any queries by field technicians and serves as interface between field staff and the IT-department. In addition to the Development Manager the Position will serve as a second interface for any trial related activities towards Regulatory, Stewardship or Research groups.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Trial planning under direction of the Global Development Manager
- Trial supervision and reporting, summarizing and initial data interpretation.
- Work with regulatory group in the establishment of GLP-study plans for field trials and ensuring that all necessary data capture is reflected in the trial protocol
- Interface between field technicians and IT-group in questions related to the use, the further development and implementation of PRISM across projects in Global Field Development
- Assist Development Managers in coordinating efforts with Regulatory, Stewardship and Research groups
- Review of service provider contracts for adherence to administrative and operational SOPs and Stewardship principles.
- Assist with updating of planning records and trials status
- PhD degree in agronomy, agricultural or horticultural sciences or plant breeding
- MS degree in agronomy, agricultural or horticultural sciences or plant breeding with 4 years experience
- BS degree in agronomy, agricultural or horticultural sciences or plant breeding with 7 years experience.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of biometric principles, field trial design and statistical tools for the analysis and interpretation of field trials.
- Demonstrated experience with trial supervision and reporting, summarizing and data interpretation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience constructing GLP study plans and trials.
- Experience with regulated crops with genetic modified crops.
- Demonstrated background in corn or rice or canola or sunflowers or soybeans.
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from May 30, 2012 until November 30, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27251