District Sales Manager, Maryland/Virginia
Location: Frederick, Maryland, USA
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on working with farmers to help them produce more with less natural resources, and we offer exceptional careers. When you take your career to Monsanto, you’ll join a team where your skills, your ideas, and your know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom line. You’ll help our customers provide the food, fuel and clothing the growing world needs. Now that’s what we call a rewarding career. Opportunities at Monsanto range from sales and marketing jobs to research and agronomy jobs. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals who are interested in growing careers while at the same time helping meet the world’s growing agricultural needs, conserve natural resources and protect the environment. Sound like a job for you?
We currently have an opportunity for a Territory Sales Manager located in the Maryland/Virgina territory.
This is an exciting opportunity to cultivate deep relationships with 30-50 growers and 8-15 dealer locations, facilitating the placement of commercial products and focusing on delivering the brand experience to farmers. The Territory Sales Manager will be accountable for the results of the specific growers and will have Account Management responsibilities including; channel development, business planning, programs, market funding, and following up on sales results.
- Effectively promote and sell the value of Monsanto traits and DeKalb/Asgrow brand products.
- Serve as key business consultant to retailers and dealers.
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers.
- Coordinates on farm demonstrations and data input / analysis
- Trains the dealer sales force to sell value, deliver our brand experience and manage objections, mostly through ride along and joint farmer calls
- Implement, promote, and communicate marketing incentive programs.
- Actively manage inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives.
- Successfully partner and manage the relationship with top growers, act as the business expert for top growers, and negotiate and plan for customer needs (handle product performance inquiries, establishment of customer trial/plot plans, and coordination of plot tours with key customers).
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Monsanto brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge.
- Collaborate with Monsanto Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers desiring extensive technical/agronomic expertise.
- Effectively communicate technical understanding of our commercial and pre-commercial germplasm & traits.
- Implement practical agronomic research that brings value to large farmers.
- Establish side-by-side trial plots with targeted farmers to collect & summarize performance data to optimize seed product recommendations.
- Assist in the placement of Market Development Plots & Fact Plots on large growers' farms.
- Operate in close coordination with local seed dealers, Monsanto sales teams, and Monsanto technology Development organization.
- Manage and develop relationships with consultants, where influential.
- Make specific recommendations by Monsanto hybrid/variety and field.
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- A minimum of two years of sales experience
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Previous experience successfully working in teams.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e., Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance)
- Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Willingness to relocate.
- If necessary, the ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds (a bag of seed).
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical.
- Trait, Seed, and Chemistry knowledge and experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology would be extremely beneficial.
- Certified Crop Advisor certification is desired.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from May 31, 2012 until December 1, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27277