Driscoll’s is world’s biggest specialist in breeding, production, sales and marketing of berries like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Driscoll’s is market leader in the USA and manages the complete chain from production to final delivery to customers who are particularly located in the retail and foodservice channels.
Driscoll’s is further developing and expanding it’s position in the European berry market. Our organisation has long-term partnerships with growers & retailers and is working intensively to create the Berry Experience. Our European development programs on new varieties play a crucial role within our company mission and our breeding team is passionate about developing the best and most delightful new berries. As our dynamic European organisation is growing rapidly, we are looking for an ambitious Blueberry Development Coordinator.
This position will work with growers, researchers, and agronomists to expand blueberry production areas through adoption of new blueberry varieties and production practices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, communicate, and transfer best practices to growers and within company
- Assist with logistics of plant importation, shipment, and distribution for test plots and on-farm trials
- Collect and update information in each area of blueberry testing and development
- Assist on the set-up, periodic report and yearly performance of multiple on-farm trials and other trials with growers
- Provide updates on development and performance of public varieties
- Organize technical meetings and facilitate technology transfer to growers and between intercompany groups working with blueberries
You are the ideal candidate for us if you have a university degree in agriculture/horticulture or plant science . You have experience in working with blueberries. Applicants must be conversationally fluent and able to write in English; candidates fluent in another European language (Spanish and/or French preferably) is highly desirable.
The working location will be the South of Spain.
Candidates must be in the possession of a valid work permit for Europe.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a professional and flexible attitude with enthusiasm. He or she will need to have a pro-active approach with replica watches the ability to communicate on all levels. The candidate must enjoy working in a multicultural environment.
We offer you: a chance to be part of a `energetic young’ and winning team that opens doors to a very broad experience with limitless international opportunities for talents. In order to complete your goals, you can count on the support of a professional and global company that finds itself in a structurally growing movement.
If you are interested in this position, then please send your CV and a cover letter to Ellen van der Wees, firstname.lastname@example.org.