As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 24,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
An opportunity to shape Syngenta’s future within Syngenta’s Vegetables Division
To enable our growth strategy, we are investing in our Commercial Operations teams and their ongoing capabilities so that we can grow in a way that is both sustainable and drives excellence into our organization.
With a solutions mindset and a holistic approach, we can ensure that Syngenta employees perform their activities with the customers’ needs in mind. We focus our consultative agronomic approach to go beyond biology to continue to increase the value we bring to our customers by developing a profound understanding of customer needs via our integrated strategy, recognized expertise and a reputation of trust within the agricultural industry.
Our Vegetables team of approximately 30 Syngenta employees operates within a broader Commercial Operations Division in North America. We are tasked with implementing the Syngenta strategy with our customers to deliver the three core objectives: Integrate Innovate and Outperform. We do this by achieving sales, profit, and market share targets with channel partners, key producers, and other customers within an assigned geography.
Through the alignment and continuous improvement of these processes we will simplify and grow our business activities in areas such as seeds, seed care and crop protection.
As a consequence of the increasing importance of market share within the vegetable seed industry,this position will be a challenging role. We are looking for an individual with significant previous experience in agricultural seed sales, vegetable genetics and a visible center of influence within the San Joaquin Valley.
Accountabilities: What should you bring to Syngenta Vegetables?
If the below statements apply to you, you may be a suitable candidate for this role:
- You have previously performed in a vegetable seed sales role and can communicate with impact, both with stakeholders as well as customers and collaborate across boundaries.
- You are able to see the big picture and can navigate through complex environments and problems.
- You have worked in or are looking for the challenge of working in a dynamic environment, dealing with different cultural backgrounds and behaviors, and can lead by example through ambiguity.
- You have consultative sales experience and are able to probe to uncover customer needs.
- You have a proven track record of successful agricultural sales.
- You are familiar with the business drivers and motivators that influence growers’ buying decisions.
What can you get out of a stay in Syngenta Vegetables?
As a Sales Representative, you will:
- Be an integral part of a successful and growing North American sales team.
- Understand the impact of sales planning and set the direction for increased profitability and market share.
- Identify the need to improve on current products through customer interaction.
- Collaborate with other sales functional areas like Agronomy, Crop Experts and Solutions Agronomists to ensure an industry leading and sustainable position for Syngenta.
- Be responsible for an operational budget, variable selling expenses and marketing funds.
- Have the opportunity for personal growth; build your sales leadership experience and focus your energy on must win initiatives.
- Play a critical role in the implementation of a significant update to the Go to Market strategy for Syngenta.
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Strategic and tactical business planning process
- Key account function and business management
- Competitive analysis and interpretation
- Agricultural terminology and nomenclature
- Agronomic knowledge relevant to the District
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS in Ag science or BA/BS in non-ag discipline with significant industry background
- A minimum of 2 years in Sales
- Strong sense of customer focuses and demonstrated excellent sales and negotiation skills
Syngenta offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including market-based pay, health/dental insurance, a generous 401(k) program, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance. EOE
Qualified candidates should apply today! Please submit your application online at http://bit.ly/JjG7bN or at jobs.syngenta.com and enter job number 3082