Associate / Sr. Associate Scientist, DNA and RNA Analysis
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF the Chemical Company consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. BASF Plant Science is dedicated to cutting edge plant biotechnology research to serve the community as The Trait Technology Partner. Our motto is "Innovation Yields Results".
We are currently seeking an Associate/ Sr Associate Scientist in the DNA/RNA Analytics group. The DNA/RNA Analytics group provides technological research services that contribute to trait discovery at BASF Plant Science and helps advance our research projects to commercialization. The candidate in this position will work in a team to prepare a variety of plant samples for timely molecular analysis of both DNA and RNA. The candidate will design and execute qPCR-based experiments and use multiple technologies to generate gene expression data. The ability to effectively communicate with requesting scientists is critical. The person in this position will also be expected to suggest and test improvements to the current processes.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or related field with 3 years of relevant experience ORMS or PhD degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or related field
- Demonstrated experience with DNA or RNA manipulation techniques including purification, quantification, and PCR
- Demonstrated experience in high throughput DNA analysis including real-time PCR.
- Expertise in generating and analyzing RNA expression data using multiple technologies
- Creative problem solving skills, strong planning and organizational capabilities and must have strong sense of time management and multitasking ability
- Good communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Familiar with molecular biology software tools and data management tools such as Primer Express, VectorNTI , or similar
- Background knowledge in plant molecular biology.
- Experience in laboratory automation
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 19, 2012 until December 19, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27741