Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. We are currently looking for a Lab Manager.
The Lab Manager will be a member of the Metabolite and Protein Analytics Function and lead the Immunoassay group, focused on development of antibody based assays to support research and regulatory science group for all BPS projects. This position will work closely with the Research Managers and RETs, as well as with the technology center leader in this function to ensure project timelines are met, goals are accomplished, and to establish and keep within budgets. In addition, (s)he will work with other team members of the MPA group for protein production and purification needs and with external service providers for antibody productions. (S)he will also coordinate with other Research and Development functions for tissue and other related needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Works with team members to ensure work packages are defined, project timelines are met and goals are accomplished
- Plans & supervises work packages to be delivered to the projects
- Supports the local and global functional leadership of MPA function
- Together with functional and local administrative management, works to implement and adherence to all applicable safety, stewardship and other legal requirements
- As supervisor of Immunoassay team, is responsible for the leadership and the career development of employees within this team
- Is aware of competition and latest technologies and works with the local function head to develop concepts for implementation of new strategies
This position is part of a job family and will be offered at the appropriate level with regards to his or her experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related field with 5 years of research experience in Molecular Biology -OR- M.S. degree in Biological Sciences or related field with 10 years of research experience in Molecular Biology -OR- B.S. degree in Biological Science or related field with 13 years of research experience in Molecular Biology
- Demonstrated experience with developing and implementing immunoassays for a variety of proteins
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new ideas in protein research
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership or mentoring experience and success working with customers, other researchers, peers, and other departments for at least 1 year
- Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines
- Proficiency in written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Data management experience using Excel or other appropriate software tools
- Experience working in intercultural team environments
- Plant biotechnology industry experience
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 20, 2012 until December 20, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27775