Lab Manager, Regulatory
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF the Chemical Company consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
We are currently looking for a Laboratory Manager.
BASF Plant Science (BPS) is seeking to appoint an innovative and experienced Biotechnology Lab Manager based in Research Triangle Park, NC. The successful candidate will provide protein chemistry expertise to the Regulatory Science laboratory. The Lab Manager will lead a team of scientists who will be responsible for characterizing expression levels of the transgene product in transgenic plant lines that are enroute to becoming commercial products. The team is also responsible for purifying and charactering the transgene product as expressed in the transgenic event. Additionally, the team is responsible for preparing and characterizing various test substances used in safety assessments. This data will be used in global regulatory submissions. Report writing and good communication skills will be required as well.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS plus 10 years research experience or MS plus 7 years research experience or Ph.D. plus 2 years research experience. Degree must be in the areas of protein biochemistry, molecular biology, plant biology, horticulture, agronomy or a related field.
- Must have experience in the following techniques:
- Protein characterization
- Enzymatic assays
- SDS-PAGE and western blot analysis
- Protein expression systems
- Documentation and writing study protocols and high quality technical reports
- Strong organization, interpersonal, oral and written communication and teamwork skills. Detail and results oriented
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Exhibit leadership qualities and ability to function as a supervisor
- Must be willing to travel
- Knowledge of protein mass spectral applications
- Experience in a GLP environment
- Working knowledge of agriculture biotech regulatory requirements
- Cloning into expression vectors
- Molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning and sequencing would be an asset
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 20, 2012 until December 20, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27776