Location: Lubbock, Texas, USA
Bayer CropScience (BCS) is one of the world’s leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and plant biotechnology. With our headquarters in Monheim, Germany, Bayer CropScience has a global workforce of about 17,900, and is represented in more than 120 countries. BCS is structured into six Business Operations units: four regional crop protection units and two units responsible for Environmental Science and BioScience – offering an outstanding range of products and extensive service backup for modern, sustainable agriculture as well as for non-agricultural applications.
Department BioScience Lubbock Breeding
We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our
employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences.
- We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
- If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to manage and support key aspects of a successful cotton breeding program and to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team to evaluate, develop, and implement new fiber testing strategies, technologies, and methods ultimately resulting in improved marketability of US cottons.
The incumbent will:
- Cooperatively develop and execute strategy for the successful, timely, and cost-effective development of improved cotton germplasm for the Texas Plains and surrounding area.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of cotton breeding concepts, methodologies, and germplasm resources in order to provide guidance into product development and variety advancement.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (e.g. breeding, molecular breeding, bioinformatics, and external experts and cooperators) to evaluate and implement improved fiber testing methods.
- Explore and utilize emerging technologies, innovative new tools, molecular breeding, and improved experimental design and data analysis methods to develop cotton varieties with superior fiber characteristics
- Be responsible for technical aspects of cotton breeding and new fiber testing methods necessary for improved product development emphasizing fiber quality.
- Model and ensure compliance with and participation in the Safety, Stewardship and Regulatory programs.
- Travel, as needed, domestically and internationally.
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in plant breeding / genetics or related discipline.
- Relevant work experience in crop improvement and variety development.
- Strong computer, analytical and creative skills. Ability to learn new database and related computer systems.
- Specialized knowledge of experimental design, statistical analysis, and data management.
- Ability to interact with multi-levels of personnel and respect for and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ph.D. degree in plant breeding and genetics.
- Experience with cotton breeding/variety development.
Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
To apply, click HERE
More positions from: Bayer CropScience
Posted from June 22, 2012 until December 22, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27851