Knowledge Management Analyst
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF the Chemical Company consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
We are currently looking for a Knowledge Management Analyst.
The Knowledge Management Analyst will be part of the Global Knowledge Management function within BASF Plant Science. The Analyst will be responsible for building and retaining knowledge on technology and traits; a critical factor in the success of BASF Plant Sciences research platform. The Analyst will also provide leadership to the Knowledge Management (KM) function by, developing the knowledge strategy, building KM processes and governance systems, interacting with other research functions to provide the appropriate documentation and access systems. The KM Analyst will align KM initiatives and systems support with the mission and goals of BASF Plant Science. Additionally, the Knowledge Management Analyst will be the liaison between all levels of Plant Science Management and other BASF entities involved in KM activities.
- Facilitates and drives the KM projects selected by the KM steering committee
- Promotes KM and the use of common approaches across functions
- Provides KM thought leadership gained through projects, research, and benchmarking activities from both internal and external opportunities
- Seeks out opportunities where knowledge sharing can add value to the enterprise
- Facilitates and drive the development of the enterprise KM toolkit
- Oversees the relationship with IT, monitors the effectiveness and use of IT tools and systems as they apply to KM, and suggests improvements
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- PhD in a life science discipline with 2 years research experience or Masters in life sciences with 7 years research experience or BS degree in life sciences with 10 years research experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the research functions and associated knowledge management requirements
- Candidate must have a good understanding of how to build a successful knowledge base in support of the organization's efforts and be able to effectively disseminate that information
- Candidate must have prior related experience in any life science related industry
- Candidates with industry experience in either pharmaceutical or healthcare
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL:
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 27, 2012 until December 27, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27946