Project Coordinator/Research Officer
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) is a non-political provident association of enterprises and organizations in countries worldwide with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region. It is the largest regional seed association in the world. APSA members are involved in seeds and seed-related activities concerned with the increased production and trade of quality seeds and planting material.
The Association seeks a Project Coordinator/Research Officer to support its Secretariat, based in Bangkok, Thailand
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the APSA Director, the incumbent will work closely with APSA committees and working groups, driving the development and conduct of APSA technical activities and information gathering programs. The primary responsibilities of the incumbent will include:
- Production and utilization of improved quality seed and new seed technologies in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Strong and productive communication, cooperation and partnerships between seed industries, regional and global donors, NGO’s and governments;
- Rapid dissemination of seed and agriculture-related information including technical, market and policy reports to member companies and organizations to develop opportunities for and expertise of regional seed stakeholders;
- Spearhead initiatives for policy and regulatory harmonization throughout the Asia-Pacific region to facilitate cross-border movement of quality seed, agricultural technologies and plant varieties;
- Organize regional seminars and conferences to provide a forum for the seed industry to address priority technical, systems and policy issues;
- Strengthen program partnerships with national, regional and global organizations to provide technical training for APSA members in areas such as mobilization and leveraging of resources, new technologies, international standards, intellectual property rights, seed quality assurance and accreditation; and
- Active member and Secretariat participation in all essential and relevant national, regional and international organizational meetings and forums to provide APSA’s perspective on issues and initiatives relative to seed, seed sector development, Intellectual Property legislation and enforcement, accreditation, regulatory systems etc. as well as to develop partnerships and leverage resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in science, horticulture or relevant field or a degree in business management, administration, journalism or law with experience in the seed or science based industries.
- Experience in project management in a scientific environment.
- Fluent in English and preferably other local languages of the region.
- Ability to relate and work harmoniously and effectively with peers of various nationalities, both in the public and private sector.
- Advanced computer skills particularly in email, time and project management tools.
Salary and Conditions
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The principal location will be the APSA Headquarters based in Bangkok, Thailand. An alternative principal place of work and residence (preferably in the Asia-Pacific region) will be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to send a copy of their current resume and application letter by email (HR@apsaseed.org) to the Director, Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) or by post to:
P.O. Box 1030
Kasetsart Post Office
APSA is committed to providing and supporting equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
More positions from: APSA - Asia & Pacific Seed Association
Posted from June 29, 2012 until December 29, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 28006