Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF the Chemical Company consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. We are currently looking for a Scientist/ Sr. Scientist.
The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to conduct corn transformations and produce transgenic events on a regular basis for various BASF Plant Science projects with good record keeping and in compliance with safety, regulatory and stewardship standards.
THE INCUMBENT WILL:
- As a member of Corn transformation production team take part in routine corn transformation activities to meet project/team goals
- Provide scientific leadership. Plan and execute scientific experiments/projects that provide data/solutions for specific problems. Prepare scientific reports
- When called for, function as a work package leader, interact with Project team and ensure delivery of quality services and products within budgeted resources in a timely fashion
- Provide assistance to Lab Manager and team members in team functions
- Interact with IT specialists and help Corn transformation production team solve problems related to LIMS and Cognos issues
- Facilitate communication and interaction with other groups and functions locally and globally
- Follow established guidelines and ensure compliance with all safety and stewardship standards
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- PhD degree in Plant Biology, Plant Physiology, Agronomy, or related field, with 2 years post doctorate degree experience in conducting independent research -ORMS degree in Plant Biology, Plant Physiology, Agronomy, or related field, with 7 years post-degree experience in conducting independent research -ORBS degree in Plant Biology, Plant Physiology, Agronomy, or related field, with 10 years post-degree experience in conducting independent research. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- At least five years working experience in industry or academia research specifically in tissue culture and transformation of corn or soybean or other crop species, plant physiology, plant biotechnology and crop protection
- Proven record in biological experimental design and execution, data collection, data analysis and interpretation, and result presentation
- Demonstrated experience in plant cell biology, in conducting routine transformation as well as providing innovative solutions to solve scientific or operating problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working in a multicultural environment with demonstrated team building, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in large DNA transformation in plants and familiarity with the related gene validation process
- Experience in plant (preferably corn or soybean) growth and development
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
To APPLY ONLINE, please use the following URL: http://on.basf.com/scientist1201214fadv
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 29, 2012 until December 29, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 28019