As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 24,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
**This position can also be located in Sirrians, France**
These positions will develop the disease and pest resistance R&D strategy for the assigned crops (Solaneaceae, Cucurbitaceae). They serve as project lead or member of a project team in a given vegetable crop that requires his/her expertise for project success. They will provide technical leadership to the entire vegetable R&D community on a selected area of expertise.
- Part of accountabilities will cover the development of strategy; the project and portfolio management; the identification and the characterization of new pests and diseases resistance traits; the development and the application of tools for genetic studies and product development; the characterization of pests and pathogens populations and the capture of intellectual property.
- These positions will report to a senior RPL.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Expert knowledge in plant pathology (Ph.D. Required or Master degree with 10 years’ experience) particularly related to plant pathogen interaction.
- Demonstrated understanding of plant breeding and use of molecular markers
- Knowledge of entomology and abiotic stresses
- Basic knowledge in genetics, statistics, plant or crop physiology, and molecular marker development
- 3-5 years of Plant Pathology within commercial sector
- 3-5 years of technical and staff management
Critical technical, proffesional & personal capabilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively (Verbal and Written) in English
- Project/portfolio management
- Strategic project planning
- Economics and effective resource management
- Bi-Lingual (French, English, Spanish)
- Ability to manage progress through others rather than direct management
- Multi-cultural, multi-regional understanding and appreciation
- Purposeful coaching/mentoring
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Setting direction
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
- People oriented
- Participatory management
- Oriented but also decisive and accepting of hierarchical decisions
- All employees must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- National/International Travel Required
Syngenta offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including market-based pay, health/dental insurance, a generous 401(k) program, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and relocation assistance.
Applications: To apply for this job, please click HERE