Pre-Commercial Lead Seed Processing
Location: Tangent, Oregon, USA
- Demonstrates exemplary work-attendance, history, and communication skills
- Multitasking aptitude is highly desirable; P.L.C. equipment operation is required
- Will demonstrate capability to lead a processing crew in seed processing functions, make decisions in the supervisor’s absence and take ownership for the product produced.
- Strong organizational, team leadership, and communication skills are essential
- Forklift experience min. 1 year preferred or demonstrates ability to operate safely in confined work areas. Possess valid Drivers’ License and reliable transportation.
- High Mobility, able to bend/twist and climb.
- Able to work extended shift duration and varying hours; able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. using safe lifting strategies
- Dedication to quality processes and documentation cannot be overemphasized for this role
DUTIES – RESPONSIBILITES:
- Master knowledge of seed processing from the initial receiving of incoming product from the fields through packaging of the finished product.
- Will accurately follow the process and documentation to assure no product is contaminated, mis-tagged, or mixed with different seed.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn LVS inventory system.
- Become an expert operator of all equipment and processes from initial seed receipt through final packaging of product. Mastery of cleaning equipment, gravity tables, sizing, rotary’s, dryers, coloring and chemical application equipment, and packaging
- Works with minimal direction by Supervisors and Quality staff.
- Works closely with Supervisor, P/C seed processing coordinator, and other departments to assure quality needs are met or exceeded.
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions, (cold, dusty, damp) including outdoors in Oregon weather
- Ability to establish and improve processes as well as provide training and supervision to other employees within the department.
- Comfortable with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) that is occasionally required for position which may include: dust masks, hearing protection, safety glasses/goggles, half & full-faced respirators, hard hat and gloves.
- Ensuring all related safety policies are strictly followed, and any accidents are promptly reported to the Supervisor on duty
- Works effectively as a team member with co-workers
- Willing to cross-train in other positions as needed by Betaseed
If you meet the qualifications for this position, please send cover letter and resume to:
Please include Job Title and # as follows: PCLSP07132012
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
More positions from: Betaseed, Inc.
Posted from July 25, 2012 until August 3, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 28600