Field Quality Improvement Manager
Location: Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands
This position is responsible for leading and managing aspects of Vegetable Seed Quality with a focus in Seed Health Field Quality Improvement. Trains, promotes and assures involvement in cross-functional disciplines within Monsanto such as R&D, FS/SS, Production, IM, Operations, Seed technology & Production research, TD and Sales.
This position is based in the Netherlands and suppose to provide leadership to SH Field pathologist in EMEA.
- Field Quality Improvement
- Assures continuous improvement processes are in place to increase Seed Health quality of seed delivered to our customers. Champions Six sigma and related systems to manage processes and improve quality.
- Pro-actively works cross-functionally to address SH related field quality issues to improve delivery to market. Follows CARs to address root cause related to new or carryover crop inventory. Sets metrics and tracks results.
- Expand GSPP / Clean Seed Protocols: – leads assigned initiatives related to driving improvements in processes related to SH Quality.
- Technology Transfer – serve as an interface to execute protocols developments from research to practical application. Work with Seed Health and Sanitation Research Teams and Production Research teams to transfer knowledge to appropriate Manufacturing departments by leading collaboration, training and documentation for ISO.
- FIDO : Lead FIDO related improvements and proper use of FIDO in EMEA by collaborating with all related functions involved in the crop inspection. Sets metrics and tracks results.
- Quality Management Systems
Champions ISO process to assure accurately documented processes and audits are conducted at Manufacturing and Production Sites.
Manufacturing site reviews - identifies and supports global effort to assure uniform processes such as seed sanitation, or Production Research related activities.
Area Analysis Initiatives – leads assigned initiatives from CAR’s / PAR’s identified in regional area analysis meetings and insures timely completion and follow up. This may include leading research projects activities from area analysis meetings.
- Training and Promotion
Leads training and promotes field quality improvement initiatives throughout Research, Manufacturing and Commercial organizations. Prepares presentations and provides training and updates at key stakeholder meetings. Cross-functionally trains new team members to apply quality knowledge in decisions making.
Adheres to Company ES&H, FCPA, Business Conduct and human rights policies. Meets expectations related to ISO 9001-2001 certification, Six Sigma and LEAN activities.
Provide leadership to team of Field pathologist(s) in EMEA, and cross-bridge between production team, phyto-sanitary officers and Field pathologists globally. Motivate and train staff on new development
- Master degree, preferably in agriculture or biology, with specialization in plant pathology, 5+ years experience in seed industry, preferably quality management system or quality assurance, SAP.
- Agronomic practices and phyto-pathology/diagnostics.
- Excellent human relation skills, effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated supervisory abilities are critical.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
Monsanto reference 003LE
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from July 27, 2012 until January 27, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 28635