The Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) is a non-political provident association of enterprises and organizations in countries worldwide with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region. It is the largest regional seed association in the world. APSA members are involved in seeds and seed-related activities concerned with the increased production and trade of quality seeds and planting material.
The Association seeks a Magazine Editor to support the publication of its magazine and other web-based content, based in Bangkok, Thailand
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the APSA Director, the incumbent will be responsible for sourcing content, compiling and organizing the publication of the APSA magazine, Asian Seed and Planting Material (six issues per year). Additionally the incumbent will also post monthly industry news summaries (E-Link) and other content to the APSA website for members to access directly. The primary responsibilities of the incumbent will include:
- Sourcing seed and agriculture-related magazine content and information including market data, policy reports of interest to APSA members;
- Interviewing active members in the seed and related industries;
- Writing and organizing magazine content in a format for printing both as an on-line version as well as print version;
- Arranging magazine content in standard publishing software packages including Adobe In-Design, Adobe Pagemaker, QuarkXPress or similar;
- Capturing photos using digital cameras and processing the digital content using standard software packages including Adobe products or similar;
- Organizing with publishers for the printing and collation of the magazine;
- Negotiating with content providers, including freelance writers, for magazine content;
- Editing copy provided by other content providers;
- Sourcing and negotiating with magazine advertisers;
- Publishing content on-line;
- Reporting on regional seminars, conferences and forums of interest to members;
- Spearhead initiatives for communicating and reporting information to APSA members using new and innovative media including blogs, Twitter, Facebook and the like.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or higher in journalism, literature or science with experience in magazine writing or editing particularly feature articles.
- Fluent in English and preferably other local languages of the region.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to relate and work harmoniously and effectively with peers of various nationalities, both in the public and private sector.
- Experience in digital photography and post-processing of digital images;
- Advanced computer skills particularly in magazine publishing software packages;
- Experience in working with print magazine publishers.
- Experience with on-line publishing and content providing.
Salary and Conditions
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The principal location will be the APSA Headquarters based in Bangkok, Thailand. An alternative principle place of work and residence (preferably in the Asia-Pacific region) will be considered.
Interested applicants are requested to send a copy of their current resume and application letter
- by email (HR@apsaseed.org) to the Director, Asia and Pacific Seed Association (APSA) or
- by post to
P.O. Box 1030
Kasetsart Post Office
APSA is committed to providing and supporting equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.