R&D Trial Coordinator
Location: Hollister, California, USA
Vilmorin, a subsidiary of Vilmorin & Cie (owned by Limagrain Group, 7000 employees), is one of the leading companies in the vegetable seeds market for professional growers. Our headquarters are located in France near Angers and through our subsidiaries and activities in production, sales and research our presence is worldwide and our scope international.
To support our field activities in California we are currently recruiting a R&D Trial Coordinator.
Reporting to the US Research Project Manager, the successful candidate will be in charge of developing and expanding trial networks in California for our vegetable crop research team and to a lesser extent our development/sales department.
- Responsible for thequality of research and field trials evaluation
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with commercial growers
- Assist in updating planning records and trials status
- Sowing and/or transplanting in production field or nursery
- Collection of accurate data from experimental and development trials
- Effectively manage seed trial inventory and seed samples
- Demonstrated experience in recognizing the significance of field results from a research and commercial point of interest
- A.Sc., B.Sc. or similar higher education in Agronomy or equivalent work experience.
- Pathology and Crop physiology training appreciated
- Excellent visual discrimination and manual dexterity
- Attention to detail, autonomous and team oriented
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of IT tools and software
The position involves frequent traveling and requires outdoor work regardless of weather and season.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Route du Manoir
49250 La Ménitré
More positions from: Vilmorin SA
Posted from August 6, 2012 until February 6, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 28870