Competitive Intelligence Manager
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. BASF Plant Science Video
GBR is seeking to appoint a Competitive Intelligence Manager for its Research Triangle Park, NC location. Technology-based monitoring and analysis of third parties' activities are key for BASF Plant Science to benchmark its internal activities and to identify new technology opportunities. As a member of the Global TAIM (Technology Acquisition and Innovation Management) Function the Competitive Intelligence Manager will coordinate technology-based monitoring and benchmarking across GBR's platform. He/she will head the existing GBR Competitor Watch Team - located at different sites and working in different functions - watching the major players in plant biotechnology as well as relevant small biotech companies. He/she will be the key contact to the Strategic Marketing and Strategic Asset Management Group for defining and implementing a GB-wide competitive intelligence system. He/she will develop a concept and respective databases for competitive benchmarking and monitoring of technology scouting/acquisition. The Competitive Intelligence Manager will functionally and administratively report to the Manager Technology Acquisition.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate competitive intelligence activities (monitoring and analysis) in BASF Plant Science;
- Head the BASF Plant Science Competitor Watch Team;
- Be the key contact to Strategic Marketing for defining and implementing a BASF Plant Science-wide competitor watch system;
- Develop, implement and optimize databases for competitive benchmarking and for technology acquisition (contacts, profiles, negotiations, collaborations and licenses);
- PhD degree in biology or related field with a minimum of 5 years post-PhD experience -OR- Masters degree in biology or related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience -OR-Bachelors degree in biology or a related field with a minimum of 13 years of relevant experience. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitive intelligence, relevant databases and search engines.
- Ability to build work relationships in a global functional matrix.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Direct experience in competitive intelligence in plant biotech industry.
- Direct experience with IT based search engines, set up and handling of complex databases.
- Certified Competitive Intelligence Manager.
To apply, please follow this link: http://jobs.basf.us/job/Research-Triangle-Pa-Competitive-Intelligence-Manager-Job-NC-27701/2077220/
BASF reference: 1201732
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from August 15, 2012 until February 15, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 29133