Collaborating. Inspiring. Leading.
Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on making a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking technology and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You’ll be respected, you’ll contribute to the bottom line and you’ll help farmers feed the world.
Foundation Seed Assistant
Req #: 008LD
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual for an Assistant role in the Foundation Seed department. The Assistant works closely with the Crop Specialist and is primarily responsible for maintaining high quality parental seed for the duration of the product's life cycle. The successful candidate will be detail oriented with good organizational, communication and human relation skills.
Key Business Accountabilities:
- Inventory maintenance
- Updating records with test results
- Shipment of seed
- Assisting in all aspects of crop cycle from sowing to harvest
- Assisting in data collection and crop care
- Organize trials under guidance
- Apply for and maintain records of field inspections and phytosanitary certificates
Core Business/Functional Skills and Education:
- A.A. or A.S.degree is required and a B.S. in a scientific discipline is desired
- Four + years relevant experience
- Physically capable of working in field situations
- Ability to supervise large labor crews
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
To view the complete job description for this exciting position and/or apply online to this opportunity please visit our website at
We offer very competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package.
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/D/V