Field Research Conversion Manager
Location: Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to manage the operations of its Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico Conversion Center. As Conversion Center Manager, you will be responsible for all functional aspects of the Trait Integration conversion center program that delivers high quality varietal cotton and soy conversions to Manufacturing for the production of commercial products.
- Collaborate with Conversion Breeders, and the Conversion Center Lead to develop and implement conversion strategies for cotton and soy varieties.
- Assure full compliance with all legal, regulatory and biosafety requirements for all nursery operations.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain conversion center staff support personnel.
- Ensure that the conversion center team is trained and operates in accordance with company ESH policies.
- Identify and document processes and develop standard operating procedures (SOP's) or Best Practice Documents (BPD's). Partner with management teams to maintain ISO certification.
- Plan and manage conversion center budget. Assure needed resources are in place and expenses are controlled at the budgeted level.
- Collaborate with MSP and Conversion Center Lead teams to manage facility and capital improvement projects for the function and the site. Maintain adequate facilities and equipment for effective and efficient program function.
- BS in Plant Breeding, Crop Science, Agronomy, or related field of study.
- 5+ years (if BS is highest level of education) of appropriate management experience within a plant breeding / research environment.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams and developing people
- Excellent leadership and people skills, effective verbal communication, and ability to thrive in a team based work environment
- Strong background and experience with irrigated crop production and breeding methodologies
- Proficiency with database applications, spreadsheet software, Microsoft Office suite
- Highly motivated, detail orientated and innovative
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak English fluently
- MS or PhD in Agronomy, Plant breeding, Crop Science, Agronomy or related field of study
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish
- Understanding of genetics and statistics
- Knowledge of irrigation methodologies and operations
- Experience working with soy and cotton crops
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
More positions from: Monsanto Company
Posted from August 17, 2012 until February 17, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 29210