Senior Wheat Breeder
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 24,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
There’s never been a more important time to join Syngenta.
We are seeking a suitable qualified candidate to establish our hybrid wheat breeding program in CIS and develop our portfolio of hybrid wheat varieties for Russia and Ukraine.
The main responsibilities of the job holder will be the following:
- Develops the Syngenta hybrid wheat breeding program for Black sea region in Russia and Center to South East of Ukraine, in accordance with the commercial strategy defined for that region.
- Breeds successful hybrid wheat cultivars bringing significant economical benefit to both CIS farmers and Syngenta.
- Builds a trialing network, in collaboration with CIS Biological Assessment R&D and external parties, which is efficient and effective in evaluating materials for product selection and advancement
- Establishes clear product profiles, working with territory marketing, and builds a breeding program to deliver these targets
- Establishes a selection and advancement process, based on Syngenta global standards, which integrates with product development, production and supply, and marketing to ensure development and commercialization of the best and most appropriate genetics
- Plans and manages resources accordingly to the need of the program
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- PhD in plant breeding and genetics
- Strong understanding of farmer needs in CIS
- At least 5 to 10 years of work experience as a breeding research scientist in reputed agricultural university or private organization. Can be replica watches uk wheat/barley or any hybrid crop. Multi-zonal university / private organizations experience is preferred
- Proven track record of selection and release of varieties which had commercial success, in wheat or other crops
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using modern breeding technologies and strategies (DH, markers, hybrid systems)
- Knowledge and contacts within wheat seeds related government organizations will be a good plus
- Strong commitment to work long hours in the field observing wheat plants
- Fluent Russian and English
More positions from: OOO "Syngenta"
Posted from August 30, 2012 until March 2, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 29525